Thursday, July 24, 2008

Just Call Me Porky

I realized today that i am subconsciously stressed about this project at work. Although my mood hasn't changed much from the whiny, self centered person i am, i've found that i've started eating......a lot.

I came to this conclusion when i realized i was gaining weight. I could feel the weight of my body becoming heavier and heavier with every chick fil a chicken sandwich i'd inhale. Not to mention i can't even see an ab anymore, i used to have at least a two pack.

Why am i stress eating you ask? I was sitting at my desk yesterday, dreading working on this on going project, and realized, "wow, for the first time in seven months, i could totally go for a cigarette." When i would work late nights editing years ago, cigarettes were the only thing that would keep me awake.

So now that i've quit smoking, i substituted that oral fixation with another....eating. This would
be fine with me if eating had the same effect as smoking. You know, keeping me awake, making me feel comforted and safe, and most importantly taking away the stress like a your sock soaks up dog urine off the kitchen floor, (come on it's all happened to us) but unfortunately it doesn't. It just makes me more tired. So i eat to stay awake, and it makes me more tired. It's a vicious cycle of sleepiness and weight gain.

So i'm gonna start working out again......or become anorexic...........next week.

2 comments:

Matt Milstead said...

wow matt two blogs in one week! You're really stepping it up.

Kristen said...

Way to be a joiner, and jump in the pool with your fat self. I mean T shirts are allowed! Matt Milstead = too cool for the pool